We don't want you walking out of a meeting more confused than when you walked in. Our aim is for you to understand what the numbers mean and how the system works, so that you'll collaborate with us to formulate plans.
Our organised approach makes it easier for you to gather the right information so we can be as thorough and efficient as possible. In the process, we look for ways to improve your outcome. When you meet with us, we can focus on the things that save you money and put you back in control of your business.
|Tax Services||Business Services||Online Accounting|
|Financial Advice||Self-Managed Super||Specialist Advice|
Quality Assurance: We do not use offshore outsourcing. All work is done in our office, to a very high standard by our experienced team. Plus - our services are highly personalised and you will find us easy to deal with.
As tax specialists, we're comfortable dealing with complex issues and are committed to achieving your best possible outcome.
- Tax returns for individuals and business entities including sole traders, partnerships, companies and trusts, self-managed super funds.
- Business and Instalment Activity Statements for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Fringe benefits tax return lodgment.
- Payroll matters, salary sacrifice, PAYG payment summaries.
- Capital Gains Tax
- ATO representation, private rulings, objections.
- Overseas income and changes in tax residency.
- Multiyear overdue tax returns (outside of peak times)
- Tax planning and advice on any type of transaction.
As small business advisers, we can minimise your tax and help you stay in control of your business.
- Tax returns for sole traders, partnerships, companies and trusts.
- Business and Instalment Activity Statements for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Business support: advice on record keeping systems, internal accounting procedures, calculate charge rates and terms of trade, set up accounting system and chart of accounts, training.
- Preparation of financial statements for tax returns and also for your business needs such as annual reviews, finance requirements, analysis of KPIs and forecasting, assistance with forward planning, cash flow and budgeting.
- We have extensive experience with new businesses and restructuring. We can help you choose the right business structure and handle all the necessary registrations with ASIC and the ATO - TFN, ABN, GST, PAYG etc.
- Business Health Check: Monitoring changes in business performance and against industry benchmarks.
- Analysis of equity, cash flow, profit and surplus for your drawings or reinvestment.
- Advice about your obligations as an employer: PAYG withholding, superannuation guarantee and fringe benefits, and if contractors are actually employees.
- Company Secretarial: We can act as your Registered ASIC Agent to handle some of the complex and time consuming corporate compliance work as your business grows.
Are you using the appropriate accounting software for your business?
Having the right accounting software properly set up by your accountant will certainly save you time and money. Bank feeds, automations and paperless record keeping can let you focus on growing your business and getting paid, rather than shuffling paperwork and hours of data entry.
The main accounting software systems that we recommend are:
- New System Set Up and Training
- Existing System Health Checks
- Business Performance and Management Advice
- Regular Accounts Maintenance (e.g. monthly)
Please don't hesitate to approach us for expert tax advice if you're planning to buy or sell property, move overseas or make a big business decision.
Contact us about the following:
If we're unable to provide the service ourselves, we may be able to refer you to someone who can. Email us about your requirements and we'll call you back. We're actively growing our network of trusted specialists in this region, to help us meet the broader needs of our clients, and are interested to hear from other specialists who can assist..
- Business coaching
- CFO / Business management services
- Legal advice
- Mortgage broking
- Financial planning
- Self-managed superannuation funds
- Building depreciation
- Overseas tax returns
Independent Financial Advice means that no commissions, volume based payments, gifts or other benefits are received by the adviser. Independent advice should be free from conflicts of interest. As accountants, this is the key reason independence matters to us. Also, we don't accept referral fees from other advisers and we have no dealer group affiliations.
In Australia, to provide financial advice requires one to either hold a license or be an authorised representative of a license holder. The vast majority of financial advisers in Australia provide advice as the authorised representatives of a financial services license holder. Many, if not most of those representatives are in the business of selling financial products.
We (as authorised representatives of our own licence holding company, Frost FS Pty Ltd ) are authorised by ASIC to provide limited financial advice to our clients. We don't sell financial products or recommend specific products offered by financial institutions or other third parties. We are not affiliated with any dealer groups.
Issues to be aware of in the financial planning process.
Buying a financial product differs radically to most other types of product you can buy in Australia. If you buy a product at your local store and something goes wrong with it, you can take it back and seek a refund. If you put money into a managed investment scheme which loses money, your options may be much more limited.
The financial planning process seeks your informed consent to pursue a financial plan. Personalised financial advice must be accompanied by a Statement of Advice (SoA) detailing (amongst other things) what assumptions have been made and any limitations regarding that advice. Financial Products must be accompanied by a Product Disclosure Statement or PDS. This is for your benefit as a consumer; but that isn't the end of the story.
Conducted correctly, which is to say in accordance with relevant legislation; financial planning and product advice leaves you liable for your own financial choices. This extends to the financial products you buy and the financial plan you pursue.
The money in your Super is just as real as money in your bank account. Do you know what fees are associated with your Super fund or how fees and other expenses within your fund might affect the growth of your savings? Do you know how much money is in your bank account and how much goes into and out of it each month, more or less? What about your Super?
You may end up paying commissions to the planner selling you the product over several years. That money might be being taken out of your premiums or directly from your super fund. Obviously, people have to be paid for the services they perform, but do you know what commissions and management fees you are paying and why?
Are you seeing this kind of information on other Financial Advice webpages? Or are you seeing sales patois about your dream retirement and the extensive experience of chain of people employed to get you there? Perhaps some sunny beaches, golf carts and middle aged people smiling serenely into middle distance? And a tiny little bit of text about commissions being extracted from your savings along the way? Be curious.
A financial planner's legal duties include "knowing their client" and "acting in their clients best interest." Yet many if not most financial planners are in the job of selling products. Further, financial planners act under a "fiduciary duty" where it must be assumed that there is a disparity between what you (the customer) knows about a financial product and they (the professional planner) know.
- If you yourself haven't considered your goals and objectives thoroughly, how can a planner act in accordance with them?
- Are you taking responsibility for choices you understand? If so, to what extent?
- Have you identified your financial risks?
- Are your goals realistically achievable?
- How do you balance your capacity to save with your quality of life needs now?
Your options as a consumer are to select financial products (like superannuation or insurance) either actively, pursuing answers and seeking advice, or passively by making broad brush choices about products (like super) that may or may not contain other products (like life insurance and income protection). Is your employer just plonking money in your Super every month while you sit hoping that it will be enough for when you retire?
The advice we provide should help you to identify good questions to ask about your current financial product providers about your existing choices. You may also want to explore the many different choices available to you... so that you can, if you like, go on to explore particular products yourself or seek advice from those authorised to sell them.
Outside of SMSFs' we only provide General Advice about different types of financial products. So we won't recommend that you take out a policy. But we will explain why people do make such choices and some factors to be aware of.
Financial planning isn't just a process of identifying goals and objectives and fitting products to them. It should be ongoing. It can be creative.
- Might you need less retirement savings if you can earn an income from consultancy into your late 60s?
- How does an investment property work in an SMSF?
- How can I manage my contributions between salary sacrificing and non-concessional contributions?
- How do I balance the need to invest in my business with saving into super?
We could help with some of these questions, and the kinds of advice below. For a full explanation of the limits of advice we can provide, please ask for our Financial Services Guide.
What advice can we provide?
We are authorised by ASIC to provide advice on "classes of product" as follows:
- Basic deposit products, such as term deposits.
- General insurance products (e.g. business insurance and mortgage insurance).
- Life risk products (e.g. income protection, life insurance, total permanent disability insurance and others).
- Simple managed investment schemes.
- Securities (classes of shares, diversification within portfolios, risk management strategies).
- Self-Managed Superannuation (see SMSF page).
- The authorisation to provide "class of product" advice means we can recommend, for example, that you take out a term deposit; but not which term deposit you should take out.
In addition, we can provide tax advice and accounting advice as a tax agent and accountant. This covers:
- Tax efficiency of a particular investment strategy (e.g. capital versus income producing investments).
- Advice on investments that are not (technically) financial products, such as investment properties.
- Business strategy.
For more details, call or email to request a Financial Services Guide (FSG).
How are fees calculated?
Fees for Financial Advice and related services are charge on a time-billing basis at $330 per hour inc GST, calculated in six minute intervals. To ensure sufficient time to cover all relevant details, some consultations are subject to a minimum timeframe.
What services are available?
A range of financial services are available. Request our Financial Services Guide (FSG) for full details, and our table of fees for specific consultation services. Our services were developed in response to address frequently asked questions and address specific needs raised by clients in consultations. Additionally, Financial Advice on SMSFs is available - see below for more details.
Step 1 - Call us on 49749969 for your initial phone consultation
In your initial phone consultation we will:
- Identify the information you’ll need for your returns to be prepared.
- Prioritise between what’s essential, what’s useful and what you don’t need to do.
- Offer handy hints for getting the right evidence to support your claims.
- Cover how to record your information most easily and efficiently.
We can help you fill in gaps such as missing payment summaries using our Tax Agent ATO Portal.
Step 2 - Review your Online Tax Return Checklist
- You can get started straight away.
- After your phone consultation, we send you an email with a link to our amazing online tax checklist. It helps you to collect everything you need.
- The online form asks you easy YES and NO questions then tells you what to look for and record.
Step 3 - Using our templates, recording your details is simple and straightforward
- See the ATO-approved Excel templates on our website - for sole traders, work deductions, rental properties and capital gains.
- Use our templates to transform your paperwork into an accurate record of your income and expenses that can stand up to ATO scrutiny.
Note: We are not bookkeepers. For substantial data-entry or for a company, we can recommend appropriate software and refer you to a local bookkeeper.
Step 4 - Once you're ready, simply upload your files with your answers.
- Our Online Checklist lets you attach and securely send electronic files to us.
- Alternatively, write in the form what information you're bringing to our office.
- You can Save the form as you go along and return to it later via the link in the email.
- When you're ready, click on Submit and your information package is securely sent to us.
Step 5 - Your Tax Consultation
- We will then review your information and call you to arrange an appointment.
- During the first consultation we will review things and give you a fees-estimate. (see payment options below)
- We request a deposit to start work, and let you know if anything else is needed.
- We will meet again to try to improve the return with you (find more deductions etc). We'll discuss the returns to ensure you understand your outcome.
- Tax returns are lodged when they are signed and our fees are settled (see options below).
- If you have a tax debt we can negotiate with the ATO on your behalf.
If you only have one or two returns, we may just get it done in one meeting.
Bank Transfer, Visa or Mastercard.
Fee from Refund - if you're due a tax refund, you can pay our fees with it. *
Fees Finance - a 6, 9 or 12 month loan to pay off our fees, to ensure your returns can be lodged ASAP if an accounting bill is not good for your cash flow right now. *
* Charges and conditions apply